Royal Danish Theatre - has since 1748 -
been located at Kongens Nytorv in the very
heart of Copenhagen - with seating facilities
for almost 1600 theatregoers - and a special
designed balcony for members of the Royal
"Royal Danish Theatre" or the
National Theatre - has since 1748
- been located at Kongens Nytorv.
- The "Charlottenborg Mansion"
from 1672 - and the oldest building
on the square - built in Baroque style. At the
back of the mansion was the first Botanic
Gardens from 1778 located.
The "Thotts Palace"
built in Baroque style - and the next eldest building
from 1683. Today housing the
The "Harsdoffske Mansion"
(Det Harsdoffske Palæ) from 1748
- and once Eigtveds Mansion (leading
court architect Nicolai Eigtved)
was in 1898 - the headquarters
for the Foreign Ministry until 1923.