Holy Days - Public Holidays
13 - (Maundy Thursday) - April
14 - (Good Friday) - April 16
- (Easter Sunday) -
and April 17 (Easter Munday)
- are Holy Days and Public Holidays in April
is the most important
festival in the Christian calendar.
It celebrates the resurrection from the dead of
Jesus - three days after he was crucified. The
Easter story is at the heart of Christianity.
The week leading up to Easter is called Holy
Palm Sunday is the Sunday before Easter
- Maundy Thursday is the day
- when Jesus ate the last supper with his disciples
- Good Friday is the Friday before
Easter Sunday. It commemorates the execution of
Jesus by crucifixion.
- Easter Sunday marks Jesus'
National Flag days in April -
April 9 - Occupation of Denmark 1940.
(Flags on half mast until 12.00 - noon)
April 13 - Easter (Maundy
- April 14 - Easter (Good Friday)
- (Flags on half mast)
- April 16 - Queen Margrethe
April 17 - Easter
- April 29
- Princess Benedikte's Birthday
Summer time in Denmark is from
the last weekend in March 2017 - to Sunday October
28 - 2017.
on busses & public
All public busses will drive with the Danish flag
- as well as all public buildings will be flagging
on national flag days - plus flags all over town
- when any royal or prominent person is visiting
and Flag Days